Our Forest School venue is a rather special little private dell of untouched ancient woodland.
The sessions over the weekend are led by our experienced Forest School leader Jacky Pearce, with activities aimed at mixed-gender groups aged 5 to 11.
Forest School activities, depending on numbers and weather, include one or more of the following:
- Funny clay and nature creatures
- Leaf bashing on calico
- Pigment painting on calico and making a branch
- Leaf rubbing/leaf stacking strings/leaf stitching to make long garlands (all looking at tree ID)
- Making and following stick arrows on the ground to find something special
- Nature treasure mobiles
- Cooking, eg baked apples filled with raisins, popcorn, damper bread/wheat-based recipe filled with jam, hot chocolate
- Games, eg the name game, what’s this stick?, fire in the forest, sleeping deer, eagle eye, animal hide and seek, the caterpillar game, the bean game and bird game.
Forest School is included with Family Festival Tickets. If you’re not camping we will be offering Forest School tickets for an additional charge nearer the time.
Forest School places are included with all Family Festival Tickets which can be booked below.REGISTER NOW