Sat, 9th Sept, 8.30am, total climb 1325 metres!
The marathon is our blue ribband event. Starting and finishing at the festival site at Huccaby, it crosses the fulcrum of Dartmoor where east and west rivers meet at Dartmeet and completes a circuit of Bellever woods via Yartor, Babeny and Sherwell Farm. From here you will head east along Dr Blackalls Drive, crossing the river for a second time at New Bridge following a bone jarring descent and heading in to Holne Woods, then on in to Hembury Woods, skirting the brook before ascending the steep climb up Pupers Hill via Scorriton.
You can enjoy the long, gradual descent to Combstone Tor and the final crossing of the river at the Huccaby stepping stones, before reaching the sanctuary and bustle of the festival site.
The route is a classic and was described by a previous participant as a Category A fell route. The cut off time for the marathon is 7 hours.
You can add one or two nights camping with your booking. It includes entry to our Speaker’s Evening.
Your Race Entry Includes
- Fully marked and marshalled course (with reflective stakes, surveyors flags, tape, plenty of large arrows)
- Chip timing + 2 timing splits + live results online
- Feed stations every 6 miles with water, energy drinks, gels, cakes, fruit, nuts & more.
- Secure baggage drop, parking, toilets & showers
- Finishers medals
- Professional First Aid
- Prizes for top 3 male and female and first V40 & V50
- You can add one or two nights camping with your booking. It includes entry to our Speaker’s Evening