Summit Wild Ultra (32 miles)
Sunday 29th July 8.30 am
TOTAL CLIMB 1381M (4533 feet)
The Summit Wild Ultra is a new addition to the Something Wild Trail Running Festival. It is the ideal distance for your first ultra – even though it is by no means an easy ultra. It starts alongside the marathon and incorporates the marathon circuit plus one lap of Sunday’s 10K route.
The route starts and ends at the festival site at Huccaby Farm, crossing the river at Dartmeet before climbing past Yar Tor to Sherwell and continuing up towards Cator Common. Then there’s a short tarmac section down to Bellever before a gravel climb up to Laughter Hole. Afterwards, you head down to Brimpts farm and a return to the start/finish (and first feed station). Next it’s back to Dartmeet and a long gradual climb to Sharp tor and along Dr Blackalls Drive to New Bridge. From there you will enter Holne Woods and reach the second feed station as you approach Holne.
You will cross through Holne down towards Hembury Woods and return (after the 3rd Feed station at Scorriton) via Holne ridge to Coombestone tor. You will still need your wits about you in the final furlong however, as another river crossing beckons, via the Huccaby stepping stones. You will then complete a circuit of the 10k course via Yar Tor and Babeny stepping stones coming back through Brimpts Farm.
The cut off time for this event is 10 hours.
Your Entry Includes
- Fully marked and marshalled course (with reflective stakes, surveyors flags, tape, plenty of large arrow)
- Chip timing + 3 timing splits + live results online
- Feed stations every 6 miles with water, energy drinks, cakes, flapjacks, Clive’s Pies, pretzels, banana, water melon + pies at the finish
- Secure baggage drop, parking, toilets & showers
- Finishers medals
- Professional First Aid
- Prizes for top 3 male and female and first V40 & V50
You can add one or two nights camping with your booking. It includes entry to our Speaker’s Evening.