Following the Government’s new road map out of lockdown on February 22nd, all the indications are that restrictions will be lifted by July 21st at the latest, depending on the situation with vaccines and variant virus’.
Therefore, we are hoping the festival can proceed in its normal format. Should this not transpire to be the case, then our policy will include the format below, possibly with some variations, depending on landowner requirements and DNPA.
Our Covid-19 Peace of Mind Policy: Events
FRA Covid Rules
- Local sensitivities must be considered: some small communities and landowners are still very risk averse and may not welcome events of any description.
- Measures must be put in place to prevent groups of runners or supporters gathering at registration, the start or the finish.
- Consideration must be given to staggered starts as mass starts would be outwith the current guidelines.
- The proposed course must be carefully selected and scrutinised to ensure safe and socially distanced overtaking is possible.
- Online entry may be beneficial and predicted finish times will help to allocate start times.
- Hand sanitiser should be made freely available at registration, the start and finish.
To summarise, we will be offering:
Our own bespoke risk assessments
- Sufficient time prior to event to prepare race packs (72 hours prior)
- New Virtual time trial format to ensure social distancing with a sign up option to choose a start window. Runners can start in bubbles, with a partner or running buddy. Courses will be marked with the exception of the Green lantern, which is partially way marked. A sign up link will be sent to all entrants who can collect their race pack and chip from our skeleton events team.
- Good advance information to participants.
Strict social distancing at start/finish and at feeding stations, with suitable signage.
Appropriate PPE and guidance for event staff.
- Elimination/reduction of ‘pinch points’ on the route (where possible)
- Extra consultation with local landowners
- A carefully considered transport policy
- Measures to prevent supporters congregating en mass
- Separate start/finish area
What choices we will offer in the event of continued restrictions/lockdown
- Take part in a race time trial with individual starting times (where safe to do so)•
- Take part in a virtual event
- Transfer to another event
- Accept a 100% race voucher (towards a WR event, camp or navigation course in 2021)
- Defer to next year where there is no event this year
- **Where all other options have been explored, we will offer refunds on a case by case basis.